Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Back on the Blogging Train

I can't even believe I've let almost a month go by without blogging. For shame! But, I do have several excuses:

Lucky in Love
I've been designing a new cover for Lucky in Love, since the dpi on the picture I used for the ebook would have shown up as blurry on a print cover. I'm a little bummed, since I was really attached to the other one, but with a fresh look, Lucky might find more readers.

MarMoWriMo and The New Book
Image Credit: Austin Expat
Several members of my RWA chapter have gotten together to do a March version of NaNoWriMo. We're all on an email loop almost daily, sharing our word counts and cheering each other on, and it's been a great experience. I'm pulling in at just under 10K on my next manuscript and, with the help of the stressful productivity aide, Write or Die 2, I have plans to write many more words this month. I've said it before: Write or Die is scary, but it works.

New Website
I finally bit the bullet and bought a domain name. The address kristenbrockmeyer.com isn't exactly a hot commodity on the domain name market, so it was pretty simple. My whole website is pretty simple, actually. That hasn't stopped me from tweaking and fiddling the layout half to death.

Real Life
Oh, yeah, I'm a wife and mom, too! Life on the farm with a 9 year-old, a 2-year old, and assorted dogs, ducks and chickens is never boring. Plus, there's Cub Scouts, the whole baking things semi-professionally thing (cupcakes, anyone?), and the fact that the husband and I are trying to get our finances in order sometime this decade so we can buy a house. And we're doing all this while being buried in this incessant Michigan snow - 6+ inches in the forecast tonight and it's almost mid-March!

As usual, I'm swamped, but I would want it any other way. The kids are being fed, the word counter keeps rising and those darn dishes will get done eventually!  

No comments:

Post a Comment