Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Facts Friday

A quick list of random things, in no particular order:

Fact #1: Learning German is fun. 
Hubs and I decided to use DuoLingo on a whim (best free language learning tool ever), and now I can tell my husband I love him (Ich liebe dich) and give him an affectionate nickname like Gummibärchen (gummy bear). We're thinking if we keep this up, we'll be fluent when we finally get enough money together for an overseas vacation. Like 15 years from now.

Fact #2: Lucky in Love is finally in paperback. 
Buy it at Amazon, tell all your friends how awesome it is and help me save enough money to go to Germany!

Fact #3: Gallbladders are tricky beasts. 
Mine is apparently about to explode, and has been masquerading its malfunctions as a vitamin deficiency. We're on to it, though, and an ultrasound has been scheduled for next Monday. It had better not try and interfere with my MMRWA retreat weekend, is all I can say...

Fact #4: There will be autographs and they will probably be cooler ones than mine.
If you're local, I'll be at two upcoming book signings:

     4/11  Romance Writers Reception, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
              Kazoo Books, 2413 Parkview, Kalamazoo, MI 
     
     4/17  Ransom Library Author Fair, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
              Ransom District Library, 180 S. Sherwood, Plainwell, MI

Fact #5: RPG means more than Rocket-Propelled Grenade.
Apparently, there's this huge group of people that enjoy Role Play Games (think Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons). And I think I might be one of them. I'll know for sure after this weekend. Friday is Tabletop Day and we're celebrating with friends, snacks and Pathfinder.


Not that I've been blogging predictably at all lately, but I'll be MIA again for another week or so. I'll be back April 14, hopefully all fresh and motivated from my first writer's retreat. Until then, woohoo, I'm on vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment